I hope that everyone had a Happy and Safe New Year.
We took a trip to see my dad over New Years, and we had a really good time. The kids did an awesome job of being good in the truck, we were kind of surprised they did so well!!! We did hear Gracie ask, "Are we almost to Papa's yet?" a few times...no more than 5, so that was good!!!
Once we got to my dad's we took the kids to a park so they could run a little bit (which didn't happen). We took some bread with us so that the kids could feed the geese, and of course the geese wouldn't even come close enough to eat the bread....OH WELL!!!
The next day we went to the Opryland Hotel. If you have never been there, you need to go, it is absolutely beautiful!!!
Here are a couple pictures from inside the hotel.
Saturday, January 5, 2008
Road trip
We went with the intention of seeing this girl that dresses up as a vine (I know sounds weird), I didn't think that it would be anything great either!!! But I was amazed, as was everyone else. This girl who is 5'9" wears stilts on her hands and her feet, which makes her over 9 foot tall, and she walks around in one of the atrium areas of the hotel for 30 minutes at a time. They call her Divine. I took a lot of pictures of her (which some are above in a slide show). The pictures don't really do her much justice, I think that it is just something that you have to witness for yourself. She doesn't speak, just acts like a vine!!! She did make eye contact with Gracie and Braxton (since they were both pretty close to her level since they were on papa and daddy's shoulders).
After we checked out Divine, we drove around and did a little sight seeing. One of the sights, Tim McGraw and Faith Hills house!!! For those of you that know me well know that I love Tim McGraw!!! So this was very exciting for me, even if it was JUST a house!!!! I am sure that they weren't home, or if they were, there were no sightings. I was just happy to be in front of his house!!!! I did take a couple photos, but they aren't that good due to all the trees in front of his house!!! Here is the best picture I took of the McGraw/Hill residence.
We also drove by Sara Evans' house (for Mike), and I got a much better shot of her house...although a little too close.
So this was our excursion to my dad and Lois'. We all had a lot of fun, and can't wait to go back!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
You did so good with the pictures of divine, love them and the story of the Kids and the trip down here. You ought to become a professional blogger. Love ya Dad
Post a Comment