Saturday, April 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!!!

Today (Sunday 4/20) is my mom's 57th birthday. And, I want to share 57 things that my mom does or has done that make me love her so much!!!




1. She loves me unconditionally.

2. Next to my Grandma, my mom is one of the strongest people I know.

3. She stayed with me for a couple weeks after I had Gracie.

4. She is ALWAYS there when I need her.

5. She hates to drive in the rain.

6. She is so much fun to go on road trips with.

7. She is a great cook, and always has everything on hand...or at least to me she does!!!

8. She used to make clothes for me and my brother. And has tried endlessly to help me learn to sew...but I am not very good at it.

9. She makes a great Thanksgiving dinner.

10. She is a great sister!!! Both of her siblings and her mom would agree.


11. Her perseverance in times of struggle. Watching her in the midst of a crisis is inspiring.

12. She has always pushed me to believe in my dreams.

13. She is a great Aunt.

14. She is a great babysitter.

15. She loves to read.

16. She has recently learned about UFC fighting...thanks to my brother...and she LOVES it...and I love that!!!!

17. When I met Mike, she was standing behind a tree taking pictures of him (for the cops) in case he didn't bring me back from the motorcycle ride he was taking me on. Yes, I got on a motorcycle with someone I didn't even know!!!!

18. She has the best listening ear you will ever know....even if she doesn't always agree.
19. She has always let me make my own mistakes...and I know what they were...and have learned from everyone of them.

20. She listened to me cry for hours and re-assured me that I would find another boyfriend when that 1st one broke up with me (in 6th grade)...and she was right!!!

21. I talk to her everyday!!! Even when she doesn't want to talk to me. :)

22. She is a great NANA to my kids and my nephew!!!


23. She gave me a brother...and she helped turn him into a man and a great dad. And I know that she misses him and his family alot.


24. She is proud of my accomplishments.

25. She kicked me out of the house once....but I deserved it.

26. She got really upset with me when I told her I was quitting the band when I was a freshman. 27. She was really excited when I went back to playing the drums my Sophmore year!!!

28. She loves all my friends.

29. She helped me strip ALL the wallpaper off in my kitchen...and believe me that was a chore.

30. She took care of Gracie when I had Braxton.


31. She loves to watch basketball.

32. She won't let ANYONE mow her yard...she loves to do it.

33. She watched my kids for a few days when Mike and I went to Las Vegas...thanks again mom!!!

34. She got upset with me once cause I buzzed my brothers head....oopppsss...he told me too!!!

35. She stood in line for hours when I was little to get me a Cabbage Patch Kid.

36. I STILL have stuff stored at her house, and she never complains about it. I will get it out of there some day.

37. She just recently got rid of all but one of my prom/bridesmaids dresses I had at her house.

38. She was a mom to many of my friends...and they still consider her their mom too.

39. She always manages to revive my dying plants.

40. She is 57...like Heinz! Sorry, couldn't resist that one.

41. She is scared to death of mice.

42. I love to just hang out at my mom's house....I love just being at my childhood home.

43. She would do anything for HER MOM!!!


44. She loves PEEPS.

45. She doesn't like getting her picture taken.

46. She helped Gracie build her first snowman.


47. She has taught me so many things about being a mom. Even though I never thought I would say or do things that she did...I catch myself doing and saying all those things. I love that.

48. She is a hard worker.

49. She loves to fish and go camping.

50. She taught me good morals and values

51. She forgot this year how old she was going to be (she thought she was going to be 58)....and I had to remind her that she was only going to be 57....hehehe....

52. She has many different craft hobbies.

53. A couple years ago she made my brother and I both scrapbooks of our younger years...it still makes me cry when I look at it.

54. She made me take swimming lessons...so that I wouldn't have a fear of water. And as much as I hated it, I am glad that she did.

55. She is a great mother, a beautiful mom, and a best friend.

56. She taught me to see the best in everyone.

57. I love her, and I am so proud to call her MOM!!!

Happy Birthday Mom....I love you and you are so special to me. I know that I should say it more often.
"I love my mother for all the times she said absolutely nothing" -Erma Bombeck

No comments:

Troops