Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day!!!

I want to recognize 4 very important Fathers/Dads that I know and love.

Listed in no particular order....

1st....To my husband...Mike.


I love you so much and am so glad that Gracie and Braxton have such a wonderful dad to teach them all the important things that they need to know to get through life. Even when you do try to convince them that you are superman!!!


****I did a little survey and asked Mike a few questions...and these were the answers that he gave me. ****

What is your best memory of your dad? The last week that I had with him.

What is you best memory of your childhood? When my brother let me finally ride his dirtbike...by MYSELF!!!

What is your favorite food? Rice Krispie Treats (ssshhhh....I am going to make him some for Father's day!!)
What is your least favorite food? Peas

What one peice of advice would you give your children? Listen to your parents

*************************************************************************************
2nd, my dad...Alan.
I love you so much, and there are a million reason I could list why I love you, but most of all, you made sure that I grew up knowing right from wrong, and you taught me and are still teaching me very important things in life!!! I am so glad that I get to call you DAD!!!

I also did a survey on my dad...and asked him a few questions too....

What is your best memory/story of your Father?? I don't remember anything myself, but they always told me that I would climb up on a chair and look out the window when it was time for him to come home. I find this hard to believe as I would have been just 1 year old.

What is your best memory of being a Father so far??? Everything about it, and the way you kids turned out.


What is your favorite food?? MeatLoaf


Least Favorite food??? Pancakes & Syrup

Nicknames??? Don't go there

What did you want to be when you grew up??? Successful

Name 3 interesting things about yourself. Love God, Love kids, Love to fish

What is your favorite thing to do??? Fish and play with the grandkids

What is your best memory from your childhood??? Listening and watching Illini basketball with my mom

What would you do if you won the lottery??? Depending on how much it was, seeing that all the kids got some of it.

What advice would you give your children??? Dont sweat the small stuff and love God
*************************************************************************************
3rd, my brother...Brady.

I love you buddy, and I can't tell you how proud you make me. I love to see you with Colton (and playing in with his toys....the yellow bus above!!) and know that you are an AWESOME daddy. Thanks for giving my the coolest nephew ever!!!

I would have loved to done a survey on my brother, but I thought of this at the last moment and didn't get a chance to do it. His moment to shine on my blog is coming...soon!!!! He is turning 30 this year.


*************************************************************************************
4th, my grandpa...Marland.

I hope that you have a great day!!! You have gone through so much in the past few months, and every time I see you, you continue to smile!!! I love this about you. And Gracie and Braxton love when they get to go to Papa Marland and Gramma Great's house!! Thanks for taking care of my Gram. We love you!!!
*************************************************************************************
There are 3 others that I need to mention,

My grandpa Coile...I never knew him, but I have heard many great stories about him and wish that I would have had the chance to meet him. I know that someday, I will meet up with him and I can't wait.

My papa....I only knew him for a very short time of my life, but boy was he my moon and stars. I love the memories I have of him...I only wish I would have had more time with him. You are forever in my heart!!

My Uncle Chris....He was a great dad to his son Josh, and he is greatly missed. He was taken from us at a very young age and way too fast. We all miss you...and will never forget the memories that you gave us all!! We love you!

No comments:

Troops