Friday, August 29, 2008

Where have I been....

Well, let me share the last week (8/18-8/24) with you.
We have been really busy this last week....
***Last Wednesday (8/20)***
We found out that Braxton got into the Pre-K program at the school...YIPPEE!!!
That night, Gracie and I had a night out to ourselves. We went shopping for school clothes, and stopped and got some ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery. I had never been there before so we decided to stop. Gracie said it was really good (I don't care for ice cream, so I didn't have any), and it was kind of pricey for a little dish too.
I think that we both had a lot of fun shopping...she loves to shop!!!! What more could I ask for??? And she made out like a bandit...tons of new clothes!!!! Now if I could just to that for myself....but that probably won't happen for a while.
***THURSDAY (8/21)***
Thursday night Gracie had cheerleading practice for the Junior Football League...or so we thought. There was a storm rolling in so just as we pulled in, we found out that it had been cancelled. So she got a night off of practice.
***SATURDAY (8/23)***

First thing...Gracie and I ran to town to run a few errands. We had to get a few groceries, pick up Braxton's cake, make the truck payment, go to the bank......got everything done and headed home.

And today is the day....the first round of the JFL games. Which means our first time cheering for a crowd. I was really worried about how she would do cause she does not like people watching her perform!!! It was so hot and sticky out and looked like it could bust out raining any minute too, but she did great....well for the most part. After about the 3rd quarter, she really had no interest and wasn't paying attention at all, but luckily she wasn't the only one not paying attention.
Here are some pics...and I will have more soon, we have a game every weekend through October.

The sign that the girls made for the boys to run through.


Lining up waiting for the boys...Gracie is the one that is turned around looking at the camera.


Here they come....


On the way home we stopped at Cracker Barrel for dinner, our kids sitter and her daughter went with us...we had a ton of fun. It was really good, but didn't sit well with me after we got home. I have been having that problem a lot lately if we eat out...maybe that is a good thing???


***SUNDAY (8/24)***
Sunday we got ready for Braxton's b-day....busy, busy, busy.
The kids had a blast playing out in the back yard, Mike set up the big water slide, and they also played in the trampoline. I am sure that they all slept well that night.
Braxton playing at the end of the slip and slide which was attached to the end of the water slide. He isn't big on going down the slide and getting wet.

Gotta love Batman.
The big can of Tinkertoys.

Happy Birthday my little Monkey.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh that last picture of Braxton is my FAVORITE! He looks handsomely devilish!

So if you were nearby Coldstone Creamery does that mean that you two went to "The Children's Place"?!?!?

Troops