Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Where do you find Camo shirts????

Gracie had her spring concert at school last week. It included Kindergarten - 2nd grade, and it was a jungle theme.

They asked that all kids wear kakhi shorts and a olive green or camo shirt. I took it upon myself to NOT follow the rules, and I went with Olive green shorts (but I wasn't doing this to NOT follow the rules...I misread the note)and a camo shirt.



After two days of driving all over town, probably 3 hours spent looking and lord only knows how much gas I wasted...I couldn't find a green camo shirt for a girl...or a boy for that matter that didn't have a skull or John Deere on the front of it.



So after becoming incredibly frustrated over the matter, I came home the night before the concert (YEP, you know me...wait until the last minute to go look for a shirt), and I was telling Mike that I had been all over, and couldn't think of any place else to look for a camo shirt for her.



And she pipes up and say "MOM, I HAVE ONE IN MY DRESSER"

My thought....ARE YOU KIDDING ME???



So I went and looked and sure enough!!!! There it was...and it fit!!!!!

Guess next time I will check at home first!!!! Go figure.



I took some video of the concert, but for some reason I can't get it to down load on this post. I have this problem everytime I try to put a video on here. I will see if there is another way to post it.





One last thing that I remember talking to Gracie about before the program....I asked her if she was excited about it and she said...."Mom you know how I get stage frightful"

I think she meant stage fright...I just had to chuckle to myself on that one...cause as much as I hate to admit it....I am the exact same way.



No comments:

Troops